View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Technical Question #A09-7661 
Senior

Post Technical Question #A09-7661
Feel free to delete this if it's a sucky topic:

I'm trying to fill a drop chart of level 30 techs from ultimate difficulty, and from some searching it seems itempt.gsl has this information (or at least I think it does). The gsl extractor seems to break that gsl file down to several .rel files, which I can't for the life of me figure out how to read.

I hope to get at least a lead on this problem or a very, very small helping hand maybeh. :P

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 pm
色とりどり

Post Re: Technical Question #A09-7661
The rel files represent each section ID in each episode (1 and 2) on each difficulty.

0x040E-04CB - I believe this range represents the frequency in which they appear in that level and that 0x04CC-0x0647 represents the range that the levels can appear.

By that I mean 0x040E - 0x0418 is for foie each byte representing the current level (ie forest 1, forest 2, cave 1 etc) then the next would be gifoie, then rafoie and so on.

As for the other range, 0x04CC-0x0647, I think the bytes alternate between min level / max level for each tech for each stage (in the same order as the previous mentioned range) which is why it is exactly two times as large as it has two bytes for each stage/tech instead of one.

So 0x04CC-0x04E0 would be all for foie: forest 1 min, forest 1 max, forest 2 min, forest 2 max, etc...

Keep in mind that boss stages take on the drops of the next level, so dragon would read caves 1 drops.

Other than this, I know Doberman is making a tool for editing this very file, so he probably has more insight on it than I do.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 pm
Master

Dragon wrote:
Feel free to delete this if it's a sucky topic:

I'm trying to fill a drop chart of level 30 techs from ultimate difficulty, and from some searching it seems itempt.gsl has this information (or at least I think it does). The gsl extractor seems to break that gsl file down to several .rel files, which I can't for the life of me figure out how to read.

I hope to get at least a lead on this problem or a very, very small helping hand maybeh. :P

Ultimate, Ep 1

For all section IDs:

Foie 30, Ruins 2
Gifoie 30, Ruins 1
Rafoie 30: Mines 2
Barta 30, Mines 1
Gibarta 30, Caves 3
Rabarta 30, Mines 1
Zonde 30, Mines 2
Gizonde 30, Ruins 1
Razonde 30, Ruins 2
Grants 30, Ruins 3
Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure 30, Ruins 1-3
Resta 30, Caves 3 and up
Anti 7, Caves 3 and up
Megid 30, N/A

Ultimate Ep 2:

All section IDs:

Foie 30, VR Temple Alpha
Gifoie 30, VR Temple Beta
Rafoie 30, VR Spaceship Alpha
Barta 30, VR Spaceship Beta
Gibarta 30, Jungle North
Rabarta 30, Jungle East
Zonde 30, Mountain
Gizonde 30, Seaside/CCA
Razonde 30, Seabed Upper
Grants/Megid 30, Seabed Lower/Tower
Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure 30, Seaside/CCA/Seabed Upper and Lower/Tower
Resta 30/Anti 7, Jungle North and up.

I think the Ep4 charts/rates are elsewhere in plain text; might want to ask Choko on that one.

Curiously enough, Pinkal sees absolutely no benefit to any rates/places that disks will spawn, which is contrary to what I thought happened; I could be wrong though (this tool is still a work in progress XD).

Also, for any tech disk entries that have a lvl 30 entry, it seems that the chance of that particular disk dropping is 0.1%, not to mention the disk itself can spawn between levels 21 and 30. So you have to hit the DAR for an enemy, so...you know...whatever the DAR is for an enemy, then have it drop a tool, which is roughly a 33% chance after the DAR roll is successful, then that tool must be a tech disk, which is a 10% chance out of all tools, and out of all the disks dropping for an area, if it contains something that has a level 30 disk that can drop, it has a 0.1 % chance of that disk dropping, with another 10% chance of it being the level 30 version of the disk in question. That's abysmal.

Might I also add that these rates apply to the default Teth server only; any other servers could have modified the charts/rates to be whatever they like.

Seriously though. I swear Pinkal was supposed to get some sort of a boost.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 pm
PROSPECTORS!

Same here. Maybe once you get your stuff done we could work one out? o:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:16 pm
Senior

I read an old post on the pinkal subject, and apparently it only applied to dreamcast/ver2. It was true then. But as people moved on to bb, they assumed nothing changed, so people assumed pinkal's exclusivity remained as well.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:20 am
Senior

Also, (from another old post), pinkal's bonus does have a wider level range in the lower difficulties compared to other ids, but not ultimate.

Another question: So would the psogc file not be the same as this file? Or is the teth file the same as psogc's and psox's file? If they are not the same, anyone know where I can get it?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 am
Master

Dragon wrote:
I read an old post on the pinkal subject, and apparently it only applied to dreamcast/ver2. It was true then. But as people moved on to bb, they assumed nothing changed, so people assumed pinkal's exclusivity remained as well.

Ver2 is what GC PSO+ and PSOX are correct? The drop charts/rates I listed were for PSO+, which is the exact same PT file used in PSOX.

Dragon wrote:
Also, (from another old post), pinkal's bonus does have a wider level range in the lower difficulties compared to other ids, but not ultimate.

Another question: So would the psogc file not be the same as this file? Or is the teth file the same as psogc's and psox's file? If they are not the same, anyone know where I can get it?

I don't see any difference in tech levels/ranges for Pinkal on any difficulty/Episode. Also, Teth loads the PT file from PSOX/PSO GC.

On another note, since I'm not in a fatigue-induced haze, I think all Ep4 enemies are remapped as either Ep1 or Ep2 enemies (it's one of those sets, can't remember which). I think the area setup for Ep4 gets a little weird though. So I would expect to see the same tech drop pattern applied by either Ep1 or Ep2 to Ep4.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 am
Senior

That info I got were from posts by Lee and Ives. Maybe they're using a different itempt file? I'm kinda lost atm, because of the info I see from posts. And yeah the ep4 enemies are mapped to earlier episodes iirc.

These are the pics I saw while I was researching lvl 30 tech drops, which led me to believe they were id and area specific:
Viridia Ult
Redria Ult
Unsure what this one is:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:27 pm
Master

These pictures are from screenshots of my editor reading the PSO+ GC ItemPT file. If you'll notice, the first two pics are the same as the first two pics you just provided, save for the difficulty, ID, and Episode identifiers at the top. The exact same, including rates and levels. The other two are just two bonus pictures I provided. The third picture you provided is a mapping of the tech drops for all IDs for Episode 1, including the ranges of such. Each ID has exactly the same tech drops as the other.

Again, this is the stock PT file for PSO+ GC, which is the EXACT SAME as PSOX, which is what is bundled with the Teth source. Presumably Schtserv uses the same PT file, but as I said before, they could have made changes to that file, or even to individual rates/charts. All I know is, the rates and charts I am providing are applicable to any Teth server (if that section of tech drops is set up correctly, I still have to verify that). Each ID draws from the same drop chart for techs, as well as the same rates. Ep1 and Ep2 have different patterns for where said lvl 30 techs drop. Ep4, I really can't be bothered to go figure that one out; I already provided a table for Ep1 and Ep2, so once you know how the areas are set up for Ep4 then the chart and rates follow immediately.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:20 pm
Senior

Ah, in that case can you provide a link to your itempt viewer? I was going crazy looking for one @_@, and thx for all the clarification as well.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next