View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Dr. Montague converted three of my parts but will do no more 
Master

Post Dr. Montague converted three of my parts but will do no more
Ok, I looked all through the forums to make sure I don't ask a question that has already been answered. Having said that, Dr. Montague is a tool! I finished all the guild missions in one player mode, and the gov missions as well. I went to see the good old doc about converting my parts. He converted three on the spot, so the issue is'nt me completing the missions (as the other posts included). So now, I go back to convert a rappy wing, no big deal right, I mean he converted three parts for me, and I had no trouble. So I talk to the egghead, and he keeps telling me to go to ruins to find parts and laughs. So, I proceed to go to ruins, just to please this jerk. I come back and try to give him my rappy wing, he's still boo hooing over going to the ruins.

So, if he converted three of my parts already, and I have done everything that was required, per reading the other posts on him, why is he not converting anymore parts into weapons for me? I can find no answer, and already seeing problems with this putz on a few topics, I beg to ask what am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated. I'm going to virtually kick the doc is virtual bean bags if he dose'nt stop ordering me to go to the ruins.

Thank you in advance once again.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:42 pm
Nobody did what? T.T

Post Re: Dr. Montague converted three of my parts but will do no
That is really strange. What quest are you trying this on / what difficulty level did you do? I don't see how the thing reset...what do you remember doing between [the time when it was working] and [the time when it wasn't working]? Did it just stop after three consecutive part conversions with you doing absolutely nothing in between?

Also, if you need temporary help converting stuff, I'd be more than glad to lend a hand with that.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Master

Thank you again no one for the help. I did all the quests on normal mode. The time was after I finally beat Soul of steel today. All the missions were selectable again, so I went to Dr. Osto's Research quest to find Dr. Montague. He converted the three weapons upon talking to him, but not my last three. So, I logged off, and later tried again to no avail. And yes, it did stop after three part conversions. And i'm more than grateful that you would convert for me, but the whole point of finally beating that last quest, was so I could finally do that.

All I have are three rappy wings, so it's not life or death. If I should change my mind, I would appreciate that though. I just don't understand why he converted the first three, but not the last three.

I, like you thought that this was strange. I'm not going to cry about three rappy wings, I was just curious if it was just me or not. Plus, I never converted to weapons before.
Maybe I did something wrong, but maybe not. But i'm still confused.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:43 pm
Global moderator

Tomcat wrote:
Thank you again no one for the help. I did all the quests on normal mode. The time was after I finally beat Soul of steel today. All the missions were selectable again, so I went to Dr. Osto's Research quest to find Dr. Montague. He converted the three weapons upon talking to him, but not my last three. So, I logged off, and later tried again to no avail. And yes, it did stop after three part conversions. And i'm more than grateful that you would convert for me, but the whole point of finally beating that last quest, was so I could finally do that.

All I have are three rappy wings, so it's not life or death. If I should change my mind, I would appreciate that though. I just don't understand why he converted the first three, but not the last three.

I, like you thought that this was strange. I'm not going to cry about three rappy wings, I was just curious if it was just me or not. Plus, I never converted to weapons before.

Try unsealed door. Pretty sure he does conversions in that quest too. I don't see why he wouldn't let you convert though. -looks at quest-

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 am
Global moderator

RikaPSO wrote:
Tomcat wrote:

Try unsealed door. Pretty sure he does conversions in that quest too. I don't see why he wouldn't let you convert though. -looks at quest-

For some reason, he doesn't think you have the said material items in your inventory.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:41 am
Master

Thank you RikaPSO also for the advise. I have tried Unsealed Door as you said, but the doc is still relentless on not converting. I agree with you fully that he dose'nt think I have the material in my inventory. So I tried a few times today to change doc's mind. I tried both Dr. Osto's Research quest as well as Unsealed door, and the doc is insisting that I try mines or ruins. So I tried mines and ruins again to change his tune.

After doing so, he still insists that I go through mines, and ruins to find enemy parts and laughs. I'm glad he thinks this is so funny. Well, i'm ready to punch myself in the face trying to convert these parts, and i'm going to give this some time before I try again.

Now I tried a few tactics. I have three rappy wings left, and I tried having one in my inventory, then I tried three to no avail.

I appreciate all the help and time you have taken out of your day to assist, so first and formost thank you. Having said that, I don't want to trouble you guys any further on this topic. Maybe it will sort itself out in time. I'm just curious, like I stated before if I am the only one having this problem. Once again, thank you very kindly on the prompt, and insiteful advise and help regarding this topic.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 pm
Global moderator

Hmmm. It's weird. I know the message your receiving is a result of not having any parts in your inventory. Try dropping and picking your items back up, sorting etc etc. I think there may be something wrong with your inventory or something.

If worse comes to worse ask for a gm to trade your bugged items for non-bugged ones.

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]